Friday, May 4, 2012

Blood Angels, Death Company Razorback


Blood Angels Death Company Razorback

I had the idea a while back to use a Razorback to transport my 5 man Death Company squad. The pictures I had seen of Death Company Rhinos were awe inspiring in some cases, so i figured, why not try to do something like that with a Razorback?
The Idea really popped into my head that it would be great to put a big red X on the top of a tank. I looked for some images of Death Company tanks, and a few people had the same idea, but i felt like maybe I could do a better job. I'm happy with a couple things about this job, but overall I feel like it was a bust. The idea was there, but the execution was off. 

Blood Angels Death Company Razorback

First off, I learned that highlighting with a foundation is a bad idea. Not only was it terribly frustrating because it kept drying on my brush, but it came out looking like trash. I used Adeptus Battlegrey to highlight the Chaos Black, next time I will be sure to thin it out a bit. I also need to read up on how to make good looking mud. The mud was really a last minute thing, I felt like the tank just looked too clean, so I slapped some brown paint on there. (once again, unhappy with the result) 


Aegis seemed like a fitting word to put on a tank that would serve as the shield for my Death Company. I'm happy with how the red X came out, which was the driving idea for the project, so at least there is that. I may go back to this and try to fix some of the things I don't like, but chances are not good. I decided shortly after I made it, that I probably wont be using it in the army i'm building anyway. Who knows though, I could always pop off the gun and make it a DC Rhino, which seems to make more sense anyway. For now it looks good from a distance, parked next to my DC squad, which will probably be the next Warhammer 40k thing that I post about. 


No comments:

Post a Comment