Monday, May 14, 2012

Diablos Eve


Diablo III installer, pre-release
The installer in action!

I step outside to walk my dogs tonight, and the dark sky is filled with clouds lit in amber, the light on the balcony flickers ominously. A sign of course that the gates of hell are about to open. 
I can hardly remember a game I have anticipated quite as much as Diablo III. Blizzard has a way of making its fans wait for things. After more than 10 years, the next installment in the already legendary series is about to go live. I was in 9th grade in high school when I first saw the characters standing around the campfire in Diablo II. I annoyed some of my friends when I was too glued to the computer screen to hang out with them, my first character was the Necromancer. I also put far too many hours into my Playstation version of the first Diablo.

I have been eagerly anticipating D3 since they teased us with a day by day splash screen that slowly revealed that they were developing it. I remember the Saturday morning when I giggled like a child on Christmas morning at the first videos that they released for the project. I have decided to start with the Wizard, and after the long wait, I am only a couple hours from shredding demons again. I'm giddy with excitement.  

No comments:

Post a Comment